Float Your Boat “Dumpster Dive” Event
- When: Wednesday, April 6, at 6pm
- Where: The “Official Float Your Boat Supply Sponsor” - Johnston Paint & Decorating (3409 Buttonwood Dr, Columbia, MO 65201; 573-443-8755)
- Mandatory Informational Meeting begins at 6pm (every team needs at least one person to attend)
- Why: Pick up boat-building supplies, and learn important details about this year's event!
A Cardboard What?
CAFNR is excited to present Mid-Missouri's only cardboard regatta! This event will bring groups together to collaborate on an innovative, team-building project, culminating with a fun, unique competition – all the while supporting a great cause!
We are excited to welcome family teams, organization teams and corporate teams — a truly community-focused event for a community-focused organization — The Food Bank for Central & Northeast Missouri. Teams are encouraged to get creative with their cardboard boats — go crazy with unique themed boats and costumes to match!
Ok, I'm sold. Now what?
Sign up. You can volunteer, sponsor or participate. Registration opens Feb. 1, 2016.
- $25: Short Course (ages 8-14)
- $30: Family or Individual
- $50: Club, Youth Group, Organization
- $100: Corporate
Registration deadline: April 1 or until 80 boats have registered
Boat check-in: 9–10:30am (no late registrations accepted)
10am–2pm: Food concessions
Course Start Times Races start at approx. 11am
Cash prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place teams in both short and long courses
Additional prize categories for the event:
- Best in Show
- Can't Believe It's Cardboard Award
- Titanic Award for the Best Sinking
- Best Spirit
- Best Use of a Theme
- People's Choice
- Ugliest Boat
- Bass Pro Shops Award
Are you a Land Lover but still want to support Float Your Boat?