Float Your Boat “Dumpster Dive” Event
- When: Thursday, April 7, at 6pm
- Where: The “Official Float Your Boat Supply Sponsor” - Johnston Paint & Decorating (3409 Buttonwood Dr, Columbia, MO 65201; 573-443-8755)
- Mandatory Informational Meeting begins at 6pm (every team needs at least one person to attend)
- Why: Pick up boat-building supplies, and learn important details about this year's event!
A Cardboard What?
CAFNR is excited to present Mid-Missouri's only cardboard regatta! This event will bring groups together to collaborate on an innovative, team-building project, culminating with a fun, unique competition – all the while supporting a great cause!
We are excited to welcome family teams, organization teams and corporate teams — a truly community-focused event for a community-focused organization — The Food Bank for Central & Northeast Missouri. Teams are encouraged to get creative with their cardboard boats — go crazy with unique themed boats and costumes to match!
Ok, I'm sold. Now what?
Sign up. You can volunteer, sponsor or participate. Registration opens Feb. 1, 2016.
- $25: Short Course (ages 8-14)
- $30: Family or Individual
- $50: Club, Youth Group, Organization
- $100: Corporate
Registration deadline: March 12
Boat check-in: 9–10:30am (no late registrations accepted)
10am–2pm: Food concessions
Course Start Times TBA
Cash prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place teams in both short and long courses
Additional prize categories for the event:
- Best in Show
- Can't Believe It's Cardboard Award
- Titanic Award for the Best Sinking
- Best Spirit
- Best Use of a Theme
- People's Choice
- Ugliest Boat
- Bass Pro Shops Award
Are you a Land Lover but still want to support Float Your Boat?