Float Your Boat “Dumpster Dive” Event
- When: Thursday, March 13
- Show up as early as 5:30pm to buy supplies or load up free cardboard;
- Mandatory Informational Meeting begins at 6:00pm (every team needs at least one person to attend)
- Where: The “Official Float Your Boat Supply Sponsor” - Johnston Paint & Decorating (3409 Buttonwood Dr, Columbia, MO 65201; 573- 443-8755)
- Why: Pick up boat-building supplies, and learn important details about this year’s event!
A Cardboard What?
CAFNR is excited to present Mid-Missouri's only cardboard regatta! This event will bring groups together to collaborate on an innovative, team-building project, culminating with a fun, unique competition – all the while supporting a great cause!
We are excited to welcome family teams, organization teams and corporate teams — a truly community-focused event for a community-focused organization — The Food Bank for Central and Northeast Missouri. Teams are encouraged to get creative with their cardboard boats — go crazy with unique themed boats and costumes to match!
Ok, I'm sold. Now what?
Sign up. You can volunteer, sponsor or participate.
- $25: Short Course (ages 8-14)
- $30: Family or Individual
- $50: Club, Youth Group, Organization
- $100: Corporate
Here are the prize categories for the event:
- Best in Show
- Can’t Believe It’s Cardboard Award
- Titanic Award for the Best Sinking
- Best Use of a Theme
- People’s Choice
- Spirit Award
- Ugliest Boat
- Bass Pro Shops Award
Are you a Land Lover but still want to support Float Your Boat?